The number of homes put under agreement in October were up 15 percent from last year. Condominium pending sales were also up almost nine percent as prices for both property types continue to go up. The strong market was reflected in high Realtor® Market Confidence Index, while the Price Confidence Index remained essentially the same over last year.
October Pending Sales:
|Single Family||October 2016||October 2015||% Change|
- Pending sales have been up 43 of last 44 months
|Condominium||October 2016||October 2015||% Change|
- Pending sales have been up for 13 of last 14 months
Realtor® Market and Price Confidence Indexes:
|Confidence Index||October 2016||October 2015||% Change|
- The Realtor® Market Confidence Index was up for the 18th straight month
- The Realtor® Price Confidence Index was down or essentially flat for the eighth time in 13 months
- Measured on a 100-point scale, a score of 50 is the midpoint between a “strong” (100 points) and a “weak” (0 points) market condition
Read the full October 2016 Future Indicators Report.