Closed sales for both single-family homes and condominiums dropped year-over-year in October while median prices went up. In addition to the hike in median prices, October saw the lowest number of single-family homes and condominiums for sale in the month of October since MAR began reporting the data in 2004.
Read more in the full October 2018 Closed Sales Release.
- October single-family home sales went down 3.5% over last year (4,865 sales in 2018 from 5,024 sales in 2017.)
- October single-family median prices were up 5.4% year-over-year (to $390,000in 2018 from $370,000 in 2017)
- October condominium sales went down 2.0% and median prices went up 4.1% (to $353,000)
- Inventory for single-family homes in October went down 7.4% to 15,411 and inventory for condominiums went down 1.6% to 4,602
- Single-family listings added to the market in October went up 10.9% over last year. (6,694 in 2018 from 6,038 in 2017)
- Condominium listings added to the market went up 11.1% over last year. (2,505 from 2,255 in 2017)