Single-family pending home sales jumped over four percent this month from September of last year, with prices rising close to five percent. Pending condominium sales were also up, rising more than three percent over last year, while prices increased slightly. Realtors® confidence in the market and in home prices were both up again in September. This month’s “Hot Topic” question asks Realtors® how they would describe the appraisal process in the last six months.
September Pending Sales:
|Single Family||September 2017||September 2016||% Change|
- Pending sales up for 11 out of the last 12 months
|Condominium||September 2017||September 2016||% Change|
- Pending sales up for 10 out of the last 12 months
Realtor® Market and Price Confidence Indexes:
|Confidence Index||September 2017||September 2016||%Change|
- The Realtor® Market Confidence Index up for the 28th time in 29 months
- The Realtor® Price Confidence Index up for the eighth time in nine months
- Measured on a 100-point scale, a score of 50 is the midpoint between a “strong” (100 points) and a “weak” (0 points) market condition
Read more in the September 2017 Future Indicators Report.