Home sales momentum from the winter has continued into the spring, as April pending home sales increased just over 30 percent from last year. Realtors® confidence in the market increased to the highest level since May 2013 after a year of steady increases.
April Pending Sales:
|Single Family||April 2016||April 2015||% Change|
- Pending sales have been up 37 of last 38 months
- Most pending sales in the month of April since 2004
|Condominium||April 2016||April 2015||% Change|
- Pending sales have been up 37 of the last 38 months
REALTOR® Market and Price Confidence Indexes:
|Confidence Index||April 2016||April 2015||%Change|
- The Realtor® Market Confidence Index was up for the 13th straight month
- The Realtor® Price Confidence Index was down for the fifth time in 12 months
- Measured on a 100-point scale, a score of 50 is the midpoint between a “strong” (100 points) and a “weak” (0 points) market condition
Read the full April 2016 Future Indicators Report release.