Join your local REALTORS® of the Year (above) at this year’s MAR Conference & Tradeshow. The convention is almost sold out for the second year in a row! Don’t be locked out and sign up now for the MAR Member Rate @ $145. You won’t want to miss the Hear It Direct General Session and top-notch speakers like Stefan Swanepole and Leigh Brown!
In February of 2013, we learned that a suspicious individual, identifying himself as “Doug” and calling from phone number 508-816-1064, had been contacting female agents indicating an interest in looking at vacant properties for a hair salon, calling it both “House of Doug” and “Hair by Doug”. Last week, he contacted several female agents of an office in Medfield, with the same story and phone number, interested in properties on the Natick/Framingham line. When asked for an e-mail address by agents he says it is still being set up, which was what he also said in February 2013. The police have been contacted and have reached out to him, and we urge all members, male and female, to exercise vigilance if contacted by anyone who may appear to fit the description above, and always take extreme precautions in performing your duties as a REALTOR®. Please contact your local police if you receive a call so that there is a record.
For more safety precautions and resources access NAR’s Field Guide on REALTOR® Safety and MAR’s Safety for REALTORS® page.
The Massachusetts Association of REALTORS® (MAR) announced the results of its Future Indicators Report today for the month of August. This report is a combination of our previous Pending Homes Sales and the REALTOR® Confidence Indexes data into one succinct monthly document.
Pending home sales climbed to their highest levels for any August since MAR began tracking homes under agreement in 2004. According to the August Future Indicators Report, there was a 15.7 percent increase in accepted offers compared to the same month the year before. Median price of homes put under agreement also went up, increasing 2.2 percent compared to August 2013.
Here are the August 2014 Highlights:
Pending home sales:
- Single-family pending home sales were up 15.7% compared to August 2013
- Single-family median price up 2.2% from August 2013 (to $352,000)
- Condo pending home sales were up 10.7% compared to August 2013
- Condo median price up 1.4% compared to August 2013 (to $325,000)
- 18th straight month of single-family year-over-year increases.
- The most homes put under agreement in August since MAR has been tracking this data.
REALTOR® Market and Price Confidence Indexes:
- The tenth straight month that the RMCI has gone down.
- The seventh straight month that the RMCI has been over the 60-point mark.
- The 18th straight month the RPCI was over the 70-point mark.
- Measured on a 100-point scale, a score of 50 is the midpoint between a “strong” (100 points) and a “weak” (0 points) market condition.
Click link to read the full release: August Future Indicators Report: Pending Sales Continued to Climb